- Strategic Management/Business Policy (incl. Business Model Innovation)
- International Business, Global Strategy, International/Cross-cultural Management, Import-Export/Global Marketing, European Business
- Business, Public Policy and Society
- Issue Management, Crisis Communication
- Corporate Sustainability
My teaching philosophy is to be learner-centered, starting with setting the learning goals that I want my class to achieve, in order to best design learning assessment tools second, and learning activities last.
The learning activities tend to be varied as I do not believe in having only one teaching technique such as lecturing, because students come with different learning styles and needs. The learning activities that I use typically include: lectures, class discussions of written case studies and videos, students’ oral presentations, in-class and online exercises, and simulations.
I view myself as a resource and motivational coach for my students, creating a non-threatening environment in the classroom and as much support as possible to maximize their learning. This support includes a high level of availability, approachability and online tools such web-based platforms (Blackboard, Moodle, Web-CT, Luminis) in order to post material and tools (such as exercises, PowerPoint slides, guidelines, online business simulation, etc).
On the topic of teaching, I cannot recommend enough reading Ken Bain’s What the Best College Teachers Do. This book really helped me enhance the learning experience for my students.
Teaching Experience (selection)
> California State University, Monterey Bay (Summer 2015-):
- Business Strategy (600 level, online MBA)
- Global Business (600 level, online MBA)
- Graduate Seminar: Foreign Market Entry Strategies (500 level)
- Global Marketing (400 level, BSBA)
- International Business (300 level, BSBA)
> Temple University, Fox School of Business (F2013-Summer 2015):
- Business Model Innovation (500 level: MBA, MSc in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management)
- Senior IB Capstone: IB Practicum (400 level, BBA, IBA major)
- Global Strategic Management (300 level, BBA, IBA major)
- Global Entrepreneurship (300 level, BBA, IBA major)
- Fundamentals of European Business (200 level, BBA, IBA major)
(* = Courses followed by an asterisk were taught in French)