> Thematic interests:
- “Non-Market Strategies”, including:
- Business – Government relations: from a corporate political strategy angle, at various political levels (national and international, particularly at the EU-level);
- Stakeholder management (in particular, Firm – NGO relations);
- Corporate governance;
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Performance;
- Corporate sustainability.
- Business Models and Business Model Innovation
- IB curriculum design and assessment
> Industry interests: Food, wine, restaurant industries; agribusiness; social business ventures; higher education.
> Geographical interest: European Business.
- Dahan, N. (lead author), DiGregorio, D., Hadani, M., Seeton, A. (2019). “Beyond Beauty Contests: Benchmarking Undergraduate International Business Education Programs According to Best Practice Adoption”. Thunderbird International Business Review, 61(6): 961-975.
- Hadani, M., N. Dahan, N. and J-P. Bonardi, (2017). “Corporate Political Activity, Public Policy Uncertainty and Firm Outcomes: A Meta-Analysis”. Strategic Organization, 15(3): 338-366.
- Hadani, M., N. Dahan, N. and J. Doh, (2015). “The CEO as Chief Political Officer: Managerial Discretion and Corporate Political Activity”. Journal of Business Research, 68(11): 2330-2337.
- Dahan, N., J. Doh, J., Raelin, J. (2015). “Pivoting the Role of Government in the Business & Society Interface: A Stakeholder Perspective”. Journal of Business Ethics, 131(3): 665-680. [all authors contributed equally]
- Dahan, N., M. Hadani and D. Schuler (2013). “The Governance Challenges of Corporate Political Activity”, Business & Society, 52(3).
- Dahan, N., J. Doh, H. Teegen (2010). “The Role of Nongovernmental Organizations in the Business – Government – Society Interface”, Business & Society, 49(1).
- Dahan, N., J. Doh, J. Oetzel and M. Yaziji (2010). “Cooperation and Co-Creation in Cross-Sectoral Collaboration: New Business Models for Developing Markets”, Long Range Planning, 43(2).
- Dahan, N. (lead author) and M. Gittens (2010). “Business and the Public Affairs of Slavery: A Discursive Approach of an Ethical Public Issue”, Journal of Business Ethics, 92(2).
- Dahan, N. (2009). “The Four P’s of Corporate Political Activity: A Framework for Environmental Analysis and Corporate Action”, Journal of Public Affairs, 9(2).
- Dahan, N. (lead author), J. Doh and T. Guay (2006). “The Role of Multinational Corporations in Transnational Institutional Building: A Policy-Network Perspective”, Human Relations, 59(11).
- Since 2011: Appointed member of the editorial board of Journal of World Business.
- Since 2011: Appointed member of the editorial board of Business & Society.
- Since 2011: Appointed member of the editorial board of Journal of Public Affairs.
- 2013: Co-guest editor of a Special Issue in Business & Society, on “The Governance Challenges of Corporate Political Activity”, vol. 52, iss. 3.
- 2010: Co-guest editor of a Special Issue in Business & Society, on “The Role of NGOs in the Business – Government – Society Interface”, vol. 49, iss. 1.